The Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

private rp site

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is it Written in the Stars?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

Is it Written in the Stars? Empty
PostSubject: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:25 am

Brayden Connor stood in the doorway, counting out the first months payment for the piano teacher he'd just hired for his foster brother. "Caleb's a good kid," said Brayden, not looking up from the money in his hand. "You shouldn't have any trouble out of him, he doesn't like upsetting anyone, so he's not one to act out, or anything." he held out the money to the man in front of him, who looked to be around his age, or so. "Here you go, I'll show you to the piano room."
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:55 am

Right, thank you." Carter said, nodding as he reached a hand out to take the money. "He's your brother, right?" He asked after a pause, wanting to make sure he didn't make a mistake. The last thing he wanted was to say something that would make him look stupid while starting somewhere new.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:57 am

Brayden nodded. "My parents would remind me to say he's only my foster brother, but he's been with us since he was six months old, so I consider him my brother, even though dad refuses to legally adopt him."
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:06 am

"Oh..." Carter said, slowly nodding. "Uh, why does he do that? ...if you don't mind me asking of course."
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:09 am

A soft sigh from the blond as he guided the teacher to the piano room. "Caleb will probably tell you himself anyways, but he was born HIV positive. His mother contracted the virus when she was his age, she was a rape victim. She got pregnant with him at the same time."
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:21 am

Carter bit his lip to stop himself saying what he'd been about to, frowning instead as he followed behind him. "I'm sorry." He said softly, hoping it didn't sound as awkward as he felt saying it, knowing he wasn't really the person to be saying it to, he just wasn't sure what else to say about it.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:26 am

"My parents, they pretty much fostered Caleb to keep their name is the papers. 'Connor Oil Family Fosters Ill Infant'," Brayden remembered all too well the news article that came out just after Caleb had become a part of his family. "I don't think they've ever actually given even half a damn about him, and unfortunately, he doesn't think so either. My boyfriend, and I have pretty much taken care of him our whole lives, other than the countless nannies and private physicians that my parents hired to look after him, keep him out of their hair."
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:44 am

Carter nodded. "I remember hearing about that actually, I think. That's not very fair on him though that they'd be like that." He said, sighing. "At least someone's looking after him though."
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:50 am

Brayden nodded, he could already hear his brother playing from a few feet away.

"I see the road, but where will it--" Clank "Dammit! I see the ro--" Clank.
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:20 am

"I take it that's your brother?" Carter said when he heard the sound, smiling a little when he did.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:25 am

Brayden nodded. "That's him."
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:15 am

"Has he taken any lessons before?" Carter asked.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:18 am

Brayden shook his head. "He's taught himself mostly. Caleb wants to be a composer. The next Jonathan Larson, is how he puts it, and he is very, very good at writing music, but because he struggles to play it, he doesn't really know how it sounds, or where he needs to make changes, unless I play the piece for him."
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:33 am

Carter nodded to show he understood. "So that's why I'm here?" He guessed.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:37 am

The blonde nodded. "That would be why you're here."
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:48 am

"Alright, I suppose I should get started then?" Carter said.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:57 am

"Go right ahead," smiled Brayden. "Caleb has a med break in twenty minutes, so I'll check in on things then."
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:09 am

"Oh, alright." Carter said, nodding.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:13 am

Brayden left the teacher standing in front of the piano room, to go back to his private home office.
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:30 am

Carter turned and watched him go before turning back to knock on the door.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:06 am

"S'open!" called the dark haired boy at the piano bench.
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:50 am

Carter opened the door after hearing the voice, smiling at the boy before speaking. "Hey there. You're Caleb, right?"
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:25 am

The boy on the piano bench nodded, and for the first time, didn't immediately correct someone calling him Caleb, rather than Ash. "Yeah."
Back to top Go down
Carter Lucas

Carter Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:59 am

"So, are you looking forward to your lessons?" Carter asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Callum

Caleb Callum

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:24 am

"Music is really the only thing that I have that is mine," said Caleb. "I want to be good at it, like, really good."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it Written in the Stars?   Is it Written in the Stars? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it Written in the Stars?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Loft :: Off the Road :: Homes and Apartments-
Jump to: