The Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

private rp site

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You Empty
PostSubject: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:46 am

Close on Roger,
his girlfriend April
left a not saying, "We've got AIDS"
Before slitting her wrists in the bathroom

- Mark, "Tune Up #3" Scene 6 Pages 16-17, Jonathan Larson's RENT

Tears streamed down April's cheeks as she walked back in to the loft. She was grateful it was empty when she got there. She didn't want anyone to see what she was about to do. She ripped a small piece of paper off the corner of a notebook and scribbled down a simple message, three simple words: We've got AIDS. Wiping her eyes she went into the bathroom and grabbed Roger's razor, stepping into the bath tub. She couldn't live with this. She'd done this to him. If she hadn't gotten him addicted to heroin, none of this would be happening.
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 am

Roger came home soon after, frowning when he didn't see any lights on inside. He knew April would be home by now, figuring she'd just gone to bed early, he shrugged his shoulders and went into the bedroom.
"April?" He called softly as he switched on the light. He frowned again when he saw she wasn't there and went to search the loft for her. Roger reached the bathroom, not really thinking anything of it when he realised it was the only light on.
"April...?" He said again as he opened the door.
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:05 am

"Shit," April mentally curse. He wasn't supposed to be home yet. He wasn't supposed to be home until she was already gone, and right now, only her left wrist was slit open.
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:18 am

Roger slowly looked around the room, the bath being the last place he looked, though he wasn't sure why. He stared in horror for a few seconds when he saw April before hurrying over to kneel beside the bath. "April? April! W-What are you doing...?" He asked, leaning forward to check the pulse on her neck, panicking.
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:20 am

"Just let me go Roger," said April, raising the razor to start on the other wrist as if he wasn't even there.
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:24 am

"No...April no..." Roger mumbled, blinking to clear the the tears that were in his eyes. "I can't..." He said, reaching for the razor.
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:26 am

"I've already ruined your life," said April. "You'll be better off without me."
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:30 am

"What...?" Roger said, shaking his head slowly. "April, what are you talking about?"
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:32 am

"We've got AIDS, Roger," said April.
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:41 am

"A-AIDS...?" Roger stuttered, letting out a sob. "But..." He went to say something, but remembered that April was bleeding, quickly getting up and searching for something to stop the bleeding with.
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:49 am

"At least I do," said the redhead. "You need to go get tested to be sure."
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:01 am

Roger nodded, letting out another sob as he came back over to her, pressing a towel to her wrist.
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:02 am

"I'm going to die Roger," said April. "Why can't you just let me do it now?"
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:08 am

"No...you can't die..." Roger sobbed, refusing to stop trying to help her.
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:11 am

April sighed, dropping the razor in the bathtub.
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:19 am

Roger sniffed, holding onto her arm tightly as he held the towel in place.
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:20 am

"It wasn't supposed to happen this way....." said April. "You weren't supposed to be home yet...."
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:34 am

"No...I was...I can't lose you." Roger said, sobbing.
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:36 am

April sighed, wrapping her free arm around Roger.
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:41 am

At April's touch, Roger just sobbed harder, holding her arm tighter.
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:42 am

April hissed softly at the pressure. "Roger...easy, that hurts...."
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:45 am

"S-Sorry...sorry..." Roger sobbed, loosening his grip.
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:46 am

"It's okay," April said softly.
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis

Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:49 am

"No it's not..." Roger said. "If it was you'd be fine and not bleeding..."
Back to top Go down
April Ericsson

April Ericsson

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:51 am

April just sighed. "Be careful Roger," she said. "If you aren't infected now, I don't want you to get infected trying to save me..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You   Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You Empty

Back to top Go down

Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Loft :: Off the Road :: Homes and Apartments-
Jump to: