The Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

private rp site

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

Actions Speak Louder Than Words Empty
PostSubject: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:25 am

Florence sat in room 234C of Saving Grace Memorial Hospital's intensive care unit, holding the hand of her former employer and on again, off again boyfriend, Fredrick Trumper. Florence had gotten a call that Freddie had been in a serious car accident, and taken the first flight out to go back to America. After all, what did she have to lose, Anatoly was gone now. That had been almost three months ago, and Freddie was still in a coma. Florence was beginning to wonder if he would ever wake up.
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:35 am

Freddie had been aware of Florence being in the room the past few times she'd come. He had tried to wake up or at least show some sign that he knew, but hadn't been able to. He vaguely remembered that he'd left a meeting after having an argument with someone there and hadn't been paying attention while driving, but didn't really remember much else.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:40 am

Florence lightly squeezed Freddie's hand. "C'mon Freddie," she pleaded with him. "I know you're still in there." "These idiot doctors are trying to get me to give up on you," she said. "I won't do that, I promise, I'm not leaving you, not again, you can't push me away this time, Fredrick."
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:50 am

Hearing Florence's voice, Freddie tried to respond again. All he managed was to get the corner of his mouth to twitch slightly as he tried to smile, getting angry with himself for not being able to do anything else.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:55 am

Florence noticed the small movement and smiled. "That's it," she encouraged. "That's good Freddie, that's good," It was small, but it was movement, a sign of life. "I brought the chess set you got while we were in Merano," she said. She knew there were some dark memories of that Italian city, but she couldn't forget the tantrum Freddie had thrown until she let him buy that set.
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:13 am

At the mention of the chess set, Freddie managed to smile, though it was only a small one. He remembered when he bought the set as well, too busy thinking about it that he didn't even realise the fingers on one of his hands twitch as if he were trying to reach for a piece.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:18 am

"I thought you'd like to play when you were well," said Florence. "Thought you might even consider coming back out of retirement, competing against Anatoly for the world title again later this year, we could take the chess world by storm Freddie, bring back the golden era, like you said before."
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:27 am

At the mention of Anatoly, Freddie's monitor's beeped in response to his anger, Freddie frowning slightly.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:30 am

"Shhhhhh, settle down Freddie," said Florence. "Don't worry, he's back in Russia where be belongs now."
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:35 am

Freddie slowly relaxed, the monitors going back to normal, blank look on his face again like it had been before he'd started responding.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:39 am

"Freddie....." said Florence softly. "What happened in Merano......I'm sorry, you wake up, and I promise, I'll make things right between us...."
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:57 am

Freddie tried to respond, but wasn't able to again and got annoyed, his monitor beeping again.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:59 am

"Easy Freddie easy," said Florence gently. "It's okay, you'll wake up when you're ready."
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:11 am

Freddie relaxed and drifted off, unconscious again.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:14 am

"I don't know why you're still here," said a nurse rudely, checking the monitors. "He isn't going to wake up." Florence glared. "You don't know that!" she snapped, muttering something in her native language.
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:26 am

Freddie heard the nurse, though in the state he was in, the voices seemed far off and he was unable to respond to prove the nurse wrong.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:28 am

Florence mumbled curses in Hungarian under her breath.
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:34 am

Freddie came around again a couple of hours later, worrying when he heard someone else in the room, unsure if it was Florence or not.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:37 am

Florence sighed softly. "Freddie....." she shook her head, she didn't know what else to say.
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:41 am

Freddie moved his fingers slightly, stretching them out as if he was trying to reach for her.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:44 am

Seeing the movement, Florence gently took his hand. "Here I am Freddie, I'm right here."
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:52 am

Freddie smiled slightly, his eyelids flickering a little as if he was trying to open them.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:54 am

Florence smiled at seeing this, squeezing Freddie's hand. "C'mon Freddie, you can do it...."
Back to top Go down
Fredrick Trumper

Fredrick Trumper

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:01 am

Freddie stayed still for a bit before trying again, slowly managing to open his eyes a little.
Back to top Go down
Florence Vassy

Florence Vassy

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:02 am

Florence smiled. "Welcome back."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actions Speak Louder Than Words   Actions Speak Louder Than Words Empty

Back to top Go down

Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Page 1 of 24Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Loft :: Off the Road :: Hospitals, Dentists, and Doctors Offices-
Jump to: